Dying Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaxt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 72 gallon tank and my plants aren't doing that well. Somebody suggest trying First Layer.

Yesterday I did a partial water change and added First Layer to the gravel. When I went to bed everybody looked fine. When I woke up this morning I had two dead Bala Sharks and a dead cory cat. I've had all three of those fish for 10+ years and I'm very upset.

Does anybody know what went wrong or have any suggestions to make sure the rest of my fish stay healthy?

First off, sorry for the loss. Many of us have lost our favorites as well at some time or another.

Secondly, if you were moving the substrate around you could have caused an NH3 spike in the aquarium.

I would run the normal tests on the tank and see what you find. (NH3/NH4, NO2, NO3)

Welcome to AA, and sorry for your loss. First I would test your parameters and post the results. I am not familiar with First Layer. Is it a substrate or what?

When you do a water change, do you move alot of the things around? If you move somthing big, the pee will dispurse and maybe kill the fish. May be this.

:: Dark

Back
Top Bottom