Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Dying fish

I've been doing regular 50% PWCs every one to two days and all of sudden the health of the tank dropped tremendously

Day one of bad health: black Mollie breaks out with ick, blk Mollie fry dies
Day two: dalmation breaks out with ick, finally added some ick treatment
Day three: another fry dies, continuation of ick treatment
Day four: silver Mollie is obviously dying, dalmation's scales appear to have this swollen look to them/look like they're going to come off
Day 5 (today, 12am'ish): both black and silver Mollie die

I moved my last fry to my cichlids tank. The tank is very old so I know it's very healthy
Over the douse of the tanks bad health the water was a yellowish color. Last night I did two pwcs (total of 80% perhaps?). The waters looking very clean now.

The dalmation is still looking kinda iffy. I feel like death may not too far from him. I'm not seeing any weird bacteria growing anywhere, and I'm not sure why the water kept getting so yellow.

Still don't have the API test kit! >.<

Old 03-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Getting a good liquid test kit is essential. We need to know what your parameters are to give better advice. If you can, take a sample to your LFS and make them use a liquid test kit to test it. They should be more than willing to help you.

If the fish still have Ich I would slowly raise the temperature of the tank to 86*F and keep it there for two weeks after the last white spot has disappeared. Then slowly lower the temp back to normal.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I actually did raise the temp of the tank and I saw improvements. In fact the black Mollie's ice was almost gone...then it died.

Tags
dyi, dying, dying fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com