Dying fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katiebug4lake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help....my tank has been great for the last 6 weeks. All of my water parameters are perfect.

I purchased a Dwarf Guarami a month ago along with 2 more Corydoras. Found my gourami dead last week, now my female platys have all died since and one Cory.

My black skirt tetras are the only fish that seem to be thriving and show no signs of sickness.

Any ideas of what could be happening?

Maybe a disease was introduced? I'm guessing the fish weren't quarantined? Any of the current fish showing symptoms?

Only the platys and Cory's. my tetras are fine. Where should I start working on my problem? Any advice is appreciated.

Nitrites - 0 ppm

Ammonia - 0 ppm

Nitrates - 20 ppm which I do a PWC at 20

PH - 7.8

Using the master test kit not strips.

The Platys I have lost. They began turning a dark slimy orange and were staying at the top of the tank at the water line and would go to the bottom of the tank before they would die.

I believe it was caused by the Gourami that I lost first. The fish I purchased with him are the ones that died. I did not have a quarantine tank. I am purchasing one this week and will cycle it before I purchase any more fish.

The only fish that have survived and do not look I'll are my black skirt tetras and two neon glo tetras. Along with 3 of my Cory's

I haven't a clue if the Gourami illness has infected my tank, if so would my tetras get it too? This has been going on for a month now.

Nitrites - 0 ppm

Ammonia - 0 ppm

Nitrates - 20 ppm which I do a PWC at 20

PH - 7.8

Using the master test kit not strips.

The Platys I have lost. They began turning a dark slimy orange and were staying at the top of the tank at the water line and would go to the bottom of the tank before they would die.

I believe it was caused by the Gourami that I lost first. The fish I purchased with him are the ones that died. I did not have a quarantine tank. I am purchasing one this week and will cycle it before I purchase any more fish.

The only fish that have survived and do not look I'll are my black skirt tetras and two neon glo tetras. Along with 3 of my Cory's

I haven't a clue if the Gourami illness has infected my tank, if so would my tetras get it too? This has been going on for a month now.

I believe the Gourami illness only affects their own species.

Back
Top Bottom