dying guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubleguppy_2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought this female guppy yesterday and I followed all the steps to where shed be comfy with the tank and she was fine the other day but now she seems to be doing this

ForumRunner_20120804_195708.jpg
I have in the breeder cage because I wated to keep a close eye on her. She does this on the floor and in the plants. she sometimes starts swimming and then floats to her side.
She's not pregnant.
When I get an answer ill take her out but I don't want my males stressing her out right now

It looks like she has dropsy. Are her scales sticking out like a pinecone? If so, the best course of action is probably to euthanize her, unfortunately. It looks like it has progressed pretty far, and dropsy is almost always incurable. There is a sticky in the unhealthy fish forum about humane euthanasia. Dropsy is a symptom of organ failure, usually resulting from some internal infection. Definitely separate her from the other fish as soon as you can in case whatever is making her sick is contagious. Put her in a separate container as soon as you can. If you want to try and treat her, try an antibiotic medication. I'm sorry that your new fish is so unwell.

Back
Top Bottom