dying snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iamchris

Aquarium Advice Regular
He passed the smell test, but for the last 48 hours he has been tucked tight in his shell. Is there a probable reason for his behavior? I've checked the water parameters and everything is in order.

Have you tried luring him out with some carrots? Since he passed the smell test, checking the foot (should be clear of any discolorations) would be beneficial.

he may be building his shell. i had one thast went into a hibernation and built his shell about 2mm. there were no fish in the tank to bother him tho.

In the tank, I've got a flame dwarf gourami, neon dwarf gourami, black moor, bamboo shrimp, amano shrimp, and a golden and ramshorn snail. From what I've seen, nobody picks on the snails. I've never tried putting carrots in the tank ever. Only tried lettuce, and for some reason, only the baby snails went after it. The large ones (the snail in question, don't know what kind, he's blackish, and the golden inca) stay away from it. Is this normal too? I've noticed though that he looks "old" recently, like he's worn. He also has been growing at a much slower pace than the golden inca snail. Thanks for your input guys :)

Back
Top Bottom