Ebjd sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ARon9501

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This morning I woke up to see my ebjd looking not so well. I have not seen any physical damage to him. He has started to hang out on top. Pllease someone help he really doesn't look well. The water parameters are really good also. Please someone help

What does EBJD stand for?

hanging out near the top may be signs he is not getting enough oxygen. If you are not using buffered water, the params may be good but the PH is impeding oxygenation. I would do something to increase surface breakage regardless to help him out, and especially if you have to medicate.

He could be afflicted with something that is causing him to not absorb oxygen. Check his gills closely for parasites, Ick, inflammation, etc.

yeah have a ebjd myself, probably a couple inches long if that. unfortunately he doesn't seem to want to eat anything, so i'm pretty concerned about him. tried several things like flakes, brine shrimp, and blood worms. sometimes he'll pick at the rocks like he's looking for food there; definitely an antisocial fish. hope he somehow makes it, but my hopes aren't high.

Back
Top Bottom