EEK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
My BGK has started to get these faded spots. But I only notice it in the early morning after it has been dark. I have not noticed him rubbing up against anything. Is is exactly the same on both sides of his body. Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S Will post pics later when the forum lets me. Something is wrong and it's not letting me post pics...:(

I am not so familiar with this particular fish but I have seen similar symptoms in other fish when they had an internal infection. I could never determine if it was bacterial or parasitic and had varied luck with treating because of that. Sometimes I guessed right sometimes not. I would put him in quaratine and treat for a bacterial infection first. If his condition changes or gets worse, then try treating for a parasitic infection. There are so many different medicines, do some research yourself. I can't really make a great suggestion. But as for what I did...I always treated with an anti-bacterial med and melafix combined. Sometimes the fish got better because I think it was bacterial.
I am a fan of anti-bacterial food feeding during this treatment. I have had success using Jungle Anti-bacteria medicated fish food.

Again, I am not sure, just sharing my experience. Best of luck. I hope he is looking/feeling better soon.

I don't have a QT for him, but I will try to get some anti-bacterial food for him. I am able to feed him by hand so the one other fish in there will be okay. Thanks.

UPDATE:
When I left for work, I was not able to see any marks. I even tried taking pics and they didn't show up then either. It seems to only happen when it's completely dark in the house, and when there are lights on, they go away. Do you think that they are just him fading at night like the rest of the fish?

most fish, maybe all?, fade at night, or do something different... if i look in my mbuna tank after the lights are off for a few hours, most of my fish are really pale, but two of my bumblebees are actually completely black... if it only happens after being in the dark for a while, i wouldnt worry with it... no other signs or symptoms of anything?

He has no new signs. He has always loved the filter intake and plays around that most of the day. I have noticed he hasn't been "poo-ing" as fast as usual. But he has also been getting fed 2 times a day (every 12 hours) instead of one, although in all it is the same amount he has always gotten, if that makes sense. And I have been varying his diet. Instead of just frozen bloodworms and the occasional kelp flake, he gets freeze dried bw and shrimp, frozen brine shrimp, frozen mysis shrimp and the other frozen shrimp that is green, I forget the name, as well as what he got before.

Back
Top Bottom