Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-24-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Electric Blue Ram Ill

Hi there
I have a 45 gallon tank thatís been running for about six or seven months. In it I have 2 ottos, several guppies and cardinals. A rainbow shark and four rams. I have a male and female German blue ram and a male and female electric blue ram. Iíve had them for about a month and a half. Recently the male electric has become listless. Floating around, gasping for breath etc. He stays at the top of the tank the majority of the time. He ate a bit when I fed them but not loads. He also seems to have a yellowish bruise on the top of his head and his belly looks a bit swollen. I immediately did a 40% water change. The German blues seem to chase him a bit and the male is a bit of a bully but he always stood up for himself. The other factor is that recently I did an ich treatment but that was about 2 and a half weeks ago. The last thing is that my female German blue has lost a bit of colour and turned a bit brown. She seems fine though. My ph is 6.8 and all the parameters seem fine apart from the nitrates which were a bit pink on the strip but I couldnít match it exactly. But Iíve just done a water change so Iím at a loss at what to do.
All help is appreciated.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:44 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

How is your ram now?

Tags
blue, blue ram, electric, electric blue, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com