Emeral rainbow spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robo-snickers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Quick background. I have a female emerald that has a sickness that i am hoping you guys can help me diagnose

I first noticed it about 5 weeks ago when she was not swimming around the tank much and kinda just swam near the top (always an active eater though). Looking at her i noticed she has these dark spots (see attached photo) and i have noticed she sometimes has what i believe to be mucus coming from her scales (not all the time though). None of my other fish have these symptoms.

I placed her in a QT to give her some meds. I first tried the recommended amount of E.M Erythromycin. I have not noticed a change. Next i noticed she has stringy like poop so i tried to do the recommended amount of General Cure. Still nothing so i tried this treatment again. She has been in the QT for 3 weeks so far and i haven’t noticed a change.

She still eats. Swims around a bit more but the QT is 10G so theres not much for her to do. I have not noticed her poop in about a week. She is not bloated however. Any ideas?

IMG_2658.jpg

Not sure; mucus is kind of an all purpose irritation response.

Have you tested water chemistry? Black marks can be ammonia burns.

Check your water parameters and make sure they good.
What other meds are you treating? Try some malafix, paraguard, kanaplex or suflaplex.

Otherwise if those dont create and improvement and shes not acting sick, the marks may just be cosmetic.

Back
Top Bottom