Emerald cory not moving but alive.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CT327

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my emerald green cory catfish seems to be dead but still moves slightly if i try to touch him. Though he doesn't try to get away if i net him like the others do. He seems really thin and doesn't move at all. I first noticed this today when i found him on his side and thought he might be dead. I don't know if he has a disease or if he is just lazy. The others all look fat and lively its just him. Please help and thank you for your time.

Stats:

Water is clean. PH: 7.6, Ammonia is 0 ppm, Nitrite is 0 ppm, and nitrate is at 0 or 5 ppm can't tell

It's a 10 gallon planted tank and it's been set up about 5-6 months

Filtration is bubble filter tetra whisper 10 .

Fish 4 emerald cory catfish babies(like an inch), 4 neon tetras which are new.

I do water changes twice a week the last one was Saturday.

Please?

I don't mean to rush anyone and i appreciate your time. Though the one i mentioned in the last post died this morning. I'm hoping none of the other start doing the same thing. Could it be an internal parasite or something else? Can i do something to prevent another death? Please help me, i'm getting quite stressed about losing another. Thank you for your time.

Very sorry someone did not answer you sooner :( and sorry for the loss!

To me, IMO, it does sound like an internal parasite. In which case, if you did not allow your other fish to get a bite of his body all should be well now.

Caleb

Wow thank you for the fast reply. Is there something that people would recommend for treating this should they already be infected? I know cory catfish are sensitive to some medication.

Metronidazole is best for parasites, if you cannot get your hands on some PraziPro can work as well.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom