Emergency fish move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrjoshua313

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today I had to take out a fee of my fish and move then to smaller tanks. My main tank went fubar and fish started going belly up. No good was able to save my Kribs and a couple more. Ok so put Kribs by self in 5gallon tank till I can setup the main tank again. They are just sitting together on the bottom In a corner. Should I be worried or is it just because of the move.

im trying to understand this... do you mean something in the main tank was killing the fish or there was a killer bully?
if there is a chemical imbalance/ parameter issue, get a test and address that first. keep the kris and whatever else in the smaller tank with filtration heat etc until they can go back in, however suddenly going 'belly up' in a tank is not a good thing...

Sorry. This is what I think happened. One of my guppies attacked another and ate half his tail. So I moved the bully out. I think the one guppy might of gotten ick or something of that nature and I didn't see it because of his coloring. Needless to say was able to save kribs, adf, and Cory.

ahhh right, im with you now.
however are you sure of a disease? it could have died from being attacked (you sure it was the guppy attacking? i didnt think kribs/guppies worked....). in which case, to be safe, you will probably want to return the fish to the main tank and raise the temp/do more frequent pwcs (just in case it is ich or something) and watch out for aggression x

Back
Top Bottom