Emergency fish with no tail!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Obsessedfishlover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sorry I overreacted a it in the subject line but anyway my black skirt one of them I just to to long ago I noticed he doesn't even have one little bit of tail anymore he can swim a little but barely... I have four black skirts three rasboras and a betta the black skirts are really nippy not to bad but especially with each other I think I'm going to put the blame on the betta because those black skirts sometime chase my betta. This makes only a little since because my beta always runs away from the tetras when they chase him.... Was it the beta anyone? Is this poor poor black skirt going to live? Do I need to euthanize? If so how?

I would quarantine and see if his tail grows back

He's getting really bad now has a lot of fin nipped off too I have removed the beta cuz I know for sure it was him and he gets really frustrated cuz he can't swim at all the problem is I don't have a quarantine tank and I'm not going to put the poor little thing in a bowl obviously...

I'm new here and to fish keeping but do you have a friend with a hospital tank? From what I have read, if you don't remove him his tank mates will more than likely kill him or he will die from stress. I read that someone kept an injured fish in a bucket and it lived till his hospital tank was set up.

I'm new here and to fish keeping but do you have a friend with a hospital tank? From what I have read, if you don't remove him his tank mates will more than likely kill him or he will die from stress. I read that someone kept an injured fish in a bucket and it lived till his hospital tank was set up.

Ohhhh thanks I really don't know what to do with it none of my friends are in to fish keeping and this fish is so miserable and I'd rather euthanize it than wait for it to die... I just don't know what to do this was one of my first fish in my tank ?

If you are going to keep fish you really want to get a hospital tank, spare heater and air stone. Many fish will recover just fine if you do the necessary steps. Clean water and isolation. Possibly meds

If you are going to keep fish you really want to get a hospital tank, spare heater and air stone. Many fish will recover just fine if you do the necessary steps. Clean water and isolation. Possibly meds

Yeah I'm looking into this thanks everyone he just died last night...:(

What sized tank is this? I had a fry with no tail, it grew back with lots of hiding places, and large water changes each week. also addition of stress coat. You could also use a clean (no chemicals) punch holes in it with an awl. Then attach to the side of the tank with duct tape. I did this because I didn't have a Breeder net for babies.

What sized tank is this? I had a fry with no tail, it grew back with lots of hiding places, and large water changes each week. also addition of stress coat. You could also use a clean (no chemicals) punch holes in it with an awl. Then attach to the side of the tank with duct tape. I did this because I didn't have a Breeder net for babies.

It's a 30 gal

Try adding a few more plants and obstacles. I have a Betta that likes to think he's boss and with a lot of decor, when someone starts chasing. he runs into a plant and forget what he's doing. :lol:

Try adding a few more plants and obstacles. I have a Betta that likes to think he's boss and with a lot of decor, when someone starts chasing. he runs into a plant and forget what he's doing. :lol:

Right now I have two plants and a HUGE castle

Back
Top Bottom