Eye Disease ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cococalm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1~ Pterophyllum Scalare - Angel Fish. Has a large "bubble" growing on his right eye and a smaller one on the left. See pics.
2~ Cannot give exact values, I test with a strip. I treated my tank for flat snails today as there seemed to be too many. I followed the Instructions given with the SERA Snail Ex treatment and then left the tank for 4 hours before doing a 30% water change with gravel vacuum to suck up the snails. While doing this bubbles came up from the gravel with an ammonia odor. I will do another water change this Sunday of 30%.
3~ The tank is 128 liters and has been running nearly 10 months.
4~ I am using an Eheim Aquaball with 3 sponge cages as well as a course sponge basket in the top.
5~ 2 Trispot Gouramis 12cm, 2 Clown Loaches 12 cm, 1 Skunk Loach 7cm, 3 Siamese Algae Eaters 8cm, 3 Rasboras 3 cm, 1 Angel fish 8 cm, 10 Celestichthys margaritatus ( Microrasbora sp. Galaxy ) 1.5 cm and 6 Amano Shrimps.
6~ I did a 30% water change this afternoon. I do fortnightly 30% water changes. Once a month I do 50% with gravel vacuum.
7~ I have had all these fish more then 6 months. The Angel fish I have had 8 months.
8~ No
9~ I feed my fisk JBL Gala flakes, JBL Novo Tabs and JBL Novo GranoGolor. Occasionally I give them Tetra Fresh Delica Brine Shrimp paste and Frozen Daphnia or mosquito larvae.

Right, so there you have the jist of the condition of my fish. Please view the pics of the Angelfish. ( Excuse the water marks on the glass, I have not finished my clean up yet, 2 more tanks to go ). What could I do for my Angel fish ? I will be adding an all purpose Anti Fungal / Anti (harmful) Bacteria medicine Saturday before a water change 24 hours later.

One thing I have to add is this, my Angel is not normally in this tank, I moved him here this morning when I saw his condition .... he is normally in my breeding tank with the female. They have failed 5 clutches so far ... they eat their young at 4 days free swimming stage. The female has been attacking him constantly for the last 24 hours so I decided to move him. She has nipped off most of his pectoral fins. She did not do this the other times. I did not notice the eyes this morning though. The breeding tank ( bare with only a mangrove root and 1 anubia ) is the same size and the female is looking after the fry very well ..... they are at 3 days free swimming. Water changes to the breeding tank is 10% daily and once a week I do 30%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eye Disease 2 .... ???

Finally, I have managed to get the pics posted. Please excuse the water marks on the glass ... I am not finished the clean up yet.

Attachments

• Angel 2.jpg
    Angel 2.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Angel 3.jpg
    Angel 3.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Angel 1.jpg
    Angel 1.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom