Eye fell out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish experience weird issues sometimes. I imagine it's not too difficult to knock out an eye when they are designed like that. I have a giant Danio that appears to have it's mouth locked open. It's been that way for years, with no apparent ill effects. I wouldn't worry about it if the fish seems otherwise normal.

Fish experience weird issues sometimes. I imagine it's not too difficult to knock out an eye when they are designed like that. I have a giant Danio that appears to have it's mouth locked open. It's been that way for years, with no apparent ill effects. I wouldn't worry about it if the fish seems otherwise normal.

Or... it's pop eye,.usually water quality related (poor quality)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can you tell us more about the system? What are the current parameters?
Fish related issues are almost always related to what is going on in the water column. Poor water quality can be very hard on fish. In this case it is manifesting itself as pop eye, and an extreme enough case to where the eye has been lost. Even with that said, this can be addressed and the fish can survive through addressing the water quality issues in the system. I would be doing large water changes until the parameters are at acceptable levels.

I agree with SniperHank. Could you please tell us everything going on in this tank, including water parameters? It's most likely a water quality issue [emoji52] Best of luck!

Let's hope the OP's response is not something like "what do you mean by water quality."

I just assume people are taking care of that right up front. Naive, I know...

Let's hope the OP's response is not something like "what do you mean by water quality."

Ooh, you probably shouldn't have said that... Because now, if they didn't know what we were talking about when we said water quality, they might be too embarrassed to ask. But I guess that if they care about the health of their fish, they'd still ask if they didn't know *hint* *hint*

I went through looking for where Nikhil said anything at all asking what you meant by water quality, because I can't imagine why else you would say that. People come here all the time asking that exact question. That's how they learn.

Acewiza is on another level.... op- don't sweat it, just give us some details and we can figure this out. Not everyone here was born with the answer sheet;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom