Fading Color on Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjohanso

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
29g & 5g - both cycled - 29g Ammo & Nitrite 0 & Nitrate 10ppm - 5g Ammo & Nitrite 0 & Nitrate 5ppm. Both PH's 7.6 - both freshwater

29g Stock - 3Guppies, 4 Mollies, 1 Baby Angel, 1 Albino Cory, 2 Long Fin Red Tetras(only get to 1inch long per numerous websites), & roughly 11 Ghost Shrimp

5g Stock - 4 Guppies & 3 ghost shrimp

The guppies in both tanks are all losing their color. It's fading on there tails. They swimming & acting just fine though. NONE of the other fish are losing their color. In fact, there colors are vibrant and there fins are all intact and beautiful. I have 4 Lyretail Mollies & there fins are really long and thick & SUPER colorful. My Angel has long fins & his black & silver is super bright. My shrimp are even starting to develop red on their bodies & when I bought them they were clear.

I don't understand why the guppies are losing there color. I got 3 guppies from petsmart and the rest from petco. All of the other fish came from Petsmart.
Per Petco, they only use aquarium salt in the molly tanks & no others.

Food: Every other day I feed Aqueon Color Enhancing Flakes & once a week frozen bloodworms.

Any ideas????? At first I suspected fin rot, but NONE of the other fish exhibit any signs of the guppies problems.:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom