Fading colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beehpee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I don't think it's actually anything to worry about but where better to find out, I have a gold/orange platty that when I got it around 6 weeks ago as one of 6 I bought was a nice vibrant shade of as I tried to imply either gold or orange, it's now fading fast to the point that it's now pretty much white or colorless however you want to call it, seems healthy in all other ways and the other 5 are all the same flour as when I got them, this one tho just has colour left in fins and even that seems to be getting less, any ideas peeps?

Hmm, maybe try new food to bring out their colors? Maybe something like new life spectrum or other pellet varieties. I use Hikari micro pellets.

Ok will have a look what types of food are available and give it a try, thanks for reply

Yeah no prob! :) I'm always fond of pellets because there is very minimal nutrient loss compared to common fish flakes.

You can get a powder which you can put into your tank, it brings the colours out and helps with the fish not getting sick. I used it every time I d a water change and it brings out the colours every time

What's the powder called you mentioned? Not seen anything like that in shops so might not be available in UK but def worth a look.

Beehpee said:
What's the powder called you mentioned? Not seen anything like that in shops so might not be available in UK but def worth a look.

It's called vivid I got given it by the lady in the shop when I first got my tank. I will attach a photo

Attachments

• image-3264527451.jpg
    image-3264527451.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom