fat / plump pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak

this is scuttle fish... shes been getting really plump lately, now she just rests on her stomach like shes swallowed a basketball.. I have no idea whats up with it

any ideas ?

shes been really relaxed lately, moreso than a normal pleco usually is, she eats spirulina flakes, shrimp pellets and algae wafers..

well thats what i thought but people keep telling me that its damn near impossible to have plecos breed in an aquarium...

From my experience (all online reading, not firsthand) pregnant plecos don't usually get that big, so perhaps it could be something else like a bacterial infection. Perhaps you could post the picture over at www.planetcatfish.com . They should be able to help.

Thats crazy, please let us know what happens/whats wrong

Im curious myself whats up with your fishy

(your looks exactly like mine btw)

it is likely a pleco that likes to over eat..lmao.. or so I was told about my fat one, who slimmed down after I stoped over feeding :wink:

I have a common pleco myself and feed him a zuc or cucumber slice every other day....is that too much?

I have seen Birchirs with swollen stomachs like that and its a bacterial infection, so it might be that for your pleco. It also might just need to go on Weight Watchers.

Back
Top Bottom