fatty platy - worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rinzy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got these two platys at the same time - had them about 2 months. One of them looks really fat. He eats well and is swimming around fine, fins aren't clamped or anything but he's got a white spot on his anus - his poop is fine - not white and stringy but worried he might be sick - or is he just fat?

Attachments

• image-921181656.jpg
    image-921181656.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 274
  • image-4206417604.jpg
    image-4206417604.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 674
  • image-2799478958.jpg
    image-2799478958.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 192
Based on what your describing and those pictures it looks like simple overfeeding to me, I would skip 2-3 days and go from there.

Sorry I didn't look that closely to the pictures for the gonopodium, a swollen vent can be due to slight constipation from overfeeding. I again would fast the fish for a few days and re-check the vent area after that.

Ellenquacker72 said:
I'm not saying you're wrong, but to me that fish looks very female and quite pregnant IMHO

I was thinking the same thing. But I see no dark spot in the belly.

Ellenquacker72 said:
Congratulations! :D

Thanks! Funny how I went from thinking I had a sick dude fish, to having a mommy fish. I shined a light behind her and you can see the babies - they look like little bubbles, the eyes are just starting to darken. I'm excited!

Back
Top Bottom