Female betta looking a little funky-help identify prob. plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so yesterday at school in my aquarium class I was doing my fish tanks and I look in and I see that Sasha my female betta has raised scales. First instint: it's dropsy. So I take her out and put her in a container and look at her. Only the front right part of her body is raised.. nothing else. it's like...around her stomach but doesn't go any further than like her stomach where that white dot is. My teacher says that it might be she's ready to lay eggs but I had a female lay eggs before and she never looked like that.... any suggestions guys? i can't even find out if she's okay or not til monday when I go back to school T.T

img_518223_0_7c19f8ede2192337d736b286b8db0340.jpg

It's like only right there on her right side, and the scales are like a full out dropsy case but it hasn't gone anywhere else BUT there.

I would still treat for Dropsy... antibacterial medication to try and save her. because even though it's not all over.. all dropsy is , its a secondairy SIGN of infection.. so it could still be an infection.. does that make sense?

Yeah I get what you're saying but I can't do anything about it now. X.x I dun want her to die though... I have no idea if Mrs. Hahn did anything to the bucket i had her in or not. The thing is, if it is dropsy, it's the funkiest looking dropsy attack I've ever seen. She's swimming perfectly fine and the fact it's only on one side and in one tiny area is very awkward to me.

Back
Top Bottom