Female Guppy Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoonOfMyNights

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! Brand new here, so hoping this is the right place...
I have a female guppy... She just gave birth 3 days ago to 10 healthy fry. Ever since she gave birth she's just been sitting at the top... I read a few things that said this was normal so I thought nothing of it until today when I looked at her and she almost looks like she has bubbles in her stomach... to me it honestly looks like Fry eggs but she hasn't dropped anything else and I cant imagine she is already that pregnant...
She's temporarily in a 5 gallon tank that I'm using Prime with (the ammonia levels are reading funny - 0.25). I'm doing small water changes because she's pooping a lot.
This is my first time with pregnant guppies so I'm not really sure what's going on with her... is this normal? I can't find anything like it...
Thank you :)

e3dztT2.jpg

looks like she is still holding fry ,it only takes one mateing to produce a few batches of babies guppys hold male sperm.

looks like she is still holding fry ,it only takes one mateing to produce a few batches of babies guppys hold male sperm.

Is it normal for them to be that visible after only 3 days post dropping fry? With the current batch, I honestly couldn't even see them, I just had the dark gravid spots on both sides. She also isnt moving a whole lot either and just stays in one area. When she dropped the current batch there was one egg( I assumed) that came out too... But it was completely clear except for a white spot at the top.
Sorry for silly questions - First experience with a pregnant guppy so I really have no idea what is going on. I knew what to expect for the first batch and then that she could hold onto the males sperm for 6 months afterwards. I guess I just wasn't expecting to Immediately see bubbles in her, or what normal post-fry behavior was...ya know?

Back
Top Bottom