Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Female Pearl Gourami

Hi everyone,

Iíve had a group of 6 Pearl Gourami (2 male, 4 female) for a few months and everything has been fine up to this point, aside from minor aggression. However Iíve just noticed one of my females acting strangely, sheís not swimming around with the rest of the group and isnít really moving a lot at all.

I looked closer and I noticed her left eye seems to have a cloudy patch, and she has a few pink/red sores. One of the sores is just under her emouth and the other is at the base of her right fin. Her top fin seems flattened compared to the other gourami as well

In the tank with the group is 20 Harlequin Rasbora, 8 Kuhli Loaches and 5 Glass Catfish. The tanks been set up since early June, with the first fish added in early October. I feed the fish a high protein crumble fish food, and the tank is fairly heavily planted.

Does anyone know what this could be? (Sorry for the picture quality)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0277.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	311664Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	311665

Old 01-14-2019, 12:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's hard to tell from the picture if it's damage from another fish or not. I'd hate to jump the gun and call it TB but it has similarities.

Tags
female, gourami, male, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com