Female Platy staying in one place.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I'm in some need of help. I have a 3 gallon tank with one Sunburst wag platy and one Sunburst platy both female. The tank has been going since the last week of January. Until two weeks ago it also had 4 ghost shrimp 2 that was pregnant. One day I checked on my shrimp since they was close to giving life to new tank mates when I noticed they was eating the larva (yes we was only days away) the next day all the shrimp was dead. I removed the dead shrimp and did a 15% water change and tested the water the day after. Everything was normal and platies was fine. I waited 3 to 4 days and decided to get a crab. That's where problems began. I brought the little fiddler crab home made sure he couldn't escape from the tank and the next day woke up to the little fella on his back :( I returned him sad. My platies was fine the whole time. That was last weekend. Wednesday my Sunburst start staying in the corner behind the filter. She wont come out and as far as I know isn't eating either. However she's still just stays there. My Sunburst wag is acting fine and active as normal. I have tested the water and ammonia nitrite and nitrate are a little high but my lfs said it could still be cycling since my levels have not reached 0 yet. Any help suggestions or advice is would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Shon

Also here is a picture of my little lady. Although she has recently moved. Sorry about quality as I'm using my android to post.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130302_171111.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130302_171111.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom