Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Female White Cloud Minnow Sick

Hello,

About 2 weeks ago one of my white cloud minnow females had a lump show up. It was on the side of her body, not discolored, and almost appeared to be tumor. She was still eating and normal activity. 2 days later the mass went away and she has SQ emphysema (I could see a small air bubble under her "skin), but the area was not open and, again, no color change. About 5 days ago this area became an open sore. This is when she stopped eating and had visible signs of not being able to swim adequately. All water parameters have tested WNL throughout this entire time. I did a 25 % water change when I saw the air bubble under her skin.

I am currently housing her in a breeder box to monitor her closely. I have completed a full treatment course of API General Cure (Active Medication: Metronidazole and Praziquantel) and am still treating with Melafix. She has not eaten in 5 days and her status remains the same. The area visible looks better, but she is still having trouble swimming and is now pale in color.

Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

You have all the bases covered and now it's just a waiting game. Sometimes they pull through sometimes they don't. I hope things level out soon.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

That’s what I was afraid of... since I added the air pump to the breeder box to agitate the water more her color has gotten better. But she still is not interested in eating. I’m hoping for a complete turn around tomorrow. Thank you for responding and making me feel like I am already doing what I can.

Tags
cloud, female, ick, loud, male, minnow, sick, white, white cloud

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com