Fighting gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrogFrenzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had 1 dwarf gourami and 1 fire gourami for about two months now in a 20 gallon tank. They've left each other alone and not fought at all during that time. But after I put a peacock gudgeon and ghost cats in and taken turquoise rainbows out they've started fighting and chasing each other. Do I need to get rid of one of them or is this normal?

They say a 20 gallon is not big enough for two different breed because they will fight. We have a 46 gallon and we fan only put one breed in ours so we have two tanks. Keep an eye on them over the next few days. If it don't get better I'd say remove one

They say a 20 gallon is not big enough for two different breed because they will fight. We have a 46 gallon and we fan only put one breed in ours so we have two tanks. Keep an eye on them over the next few days. If it don't get better I'd say remove one

Ok thanks! I appreciate the help!

No problem. I was disappointed when they told me I couldn't have two different breeds in our tank. So we got another one. They are so addicting

Back
Top Bottom