Fin fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jellyflesh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A fish of mine has started to home some white fungus like stuff on his back fin and completely on his left front fin, i'll post a picture later, but are there any remedies?

Can you please post a pic along with your parameters, stocking, tank size? True fungus is not very common unless the water parameters are unhealthy or a bacterial infection/another health issue is already present.

Can you please post a pic along with your parameters, stocking, tank size? True fungus is not very common unless the water parameters are unhealthy or a bacterial infection/another health issue is already present.

I actually bought the fish without noticing the fungus when i tried to take it back they refused.

This is a 7 month 20gal tank
2 female guppies
1 male guppy
3 female mollies
1 male molly
1 platy

And a couple random fry

Parameters? Do you have a qt? Does the area look fuzzy/white slime or more like whitish patches of hairs/strings? Is it one area or everywhere?

Parameters? Do you have a qt? Does the area look fuzzy/white slime or more like whitish patches of hairs/strings? Is it one area or everywhere?

Its like fuzzy white hair patch on this fish's left front fin, it was on the tail fin but this is now day 2 of treating the fish with Mardel Maracyn Two it may have worked on the tail fin but the front fin only looks worse today

Here are some pictures of this fin fungus

Attachments

• image-4130220179.jpg
    image-4130220179.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2495004385.jpg
    image-2495004385.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image-707240718.jpg
    image-707240718.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 72
Thanks! Your parameters, including ph would really help here. His tail looks like classic fin rot (bacterial infection) but the side pic on the bottom looks like true fungus. You should finish the course of the maracyn2, assuming your ph is not above 7.5, then consider switching to a product like Jungle/Tetra (same company) fungus guard which is a mix of antibiotics and antifungal. You can add a methylene blue bath daily to help with the fungus right now.

Sadly this morning the fungus fish died, i returned him to the store and will replace him once the whole tank is healthy, a few of them have fin rot signs so i'll finish the medication then look so see if i need/should replace him

Back
Top Bottom