Fin Rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was the color like that when you bought it? One of my fish had fin rot, but it usually made holes in the middle of the fins.

Yes, when I bought it it looked like this. I am still unsure though as it was in a really small bowl.

How big is your tank and how many fish are in it? Fin rot can be caused by stress, overstocking (which is what caused my fish to have it), or poor water quality. I am no expert on telling if it is fin rot, but try to keep the tank clean, not overstocked, and keep the fish stress free.

I just got it a few days ago. The tank b is one gallon with no filter, just a heater. It is an elephant ear betta and I didn't want too much flow in the tank. All my parameters are at zero.

He is the only one in the tank. I will change 50 percent of the water every three days and see what happens. Is that a good plan.

That seems like a good plan to me. One of the experts hopefully will come by and give advice.

Looks like a Dumbo ear betta - they have very large and usually white, pectoral fins.

from that photo, he looks fine

Ok, thanks. Some of its fins have started to turn blue. Is that normal?

fin rot?

from that photo, he looks fine

+1

He looks fine.
If you do run into fin rot, I sugget good clean water, heat, and salt and a chemical dye such as methylene blue or malachite green
Most cases of fin rot like this are fungal
nice fish btw

Thanks. I fell in love with it the second I saw it and I knew I had to buy it.

re beta

Its a wonderful beta....I want to keep some for my little girl she likes the colors, but most fish around here are sickly looking, there is one fish store that I trade guppies and endlers and mollies too that I could probably trade for one, they have fairly nice betas. Yours is really nice.

Yeah, it sure is. Surprisingly I got it from petco. I saw it and it looked okay and it didnt look like it was dying, and so I bought it. Best purchase at petco I ever made.

Back
Top Bottom