Fin Rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stitches

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two betta fish male and female. The female got bigger colorful and stronger, but the male got fin rot. There's nothing wrong with the water, what else can cause it? There's a few things to note:
-He attracts attention from people who want to stick their fingers in the water
-He might be making more waste because I found out a couple of days ago someone was feeding him too much
-He doesn't like the filter and often gets mad around it
-I had to change the filter to a weaker one because it was sucking him in.
I just find it odd that the female seems to be getting stronger while he's getting sick.

Hi, what size of tank is he in?
Is it heated and filtered?
What's the parameters?
Are both bettas in together? If yes, you should keep them separated . A male and female betta should not be placed in the same tank as they fight to the death.
I wouldn't let people place their fingers in the tank.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

A 1 gallon tank, it isn't heated, but it is filtered. Parameters are fine i had someone else check them. The bettas are separated. I cleaned out his water, i think hes just a messy fish. If it doesn't get better i guess i can try a vet.

You should get a larger tank and a heater for your Bettas. They should have a minimum of 2.5 gallons of space each

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Definitely agree a larger tank would help and so would a heater, these guy's like warm water. What did the parameters read? Do you condition the water? I would go with daily water changes (with conditioner ) at the moment.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Back
Top Bottom