Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Fin rot, getting worse?

Hi
I have 2 goldfish, both small, 20 gallon tank. Got them 2.5 weeks ago following a fishless cycle. I lost two of my test tubes and am awaiting new ones, but yesterday, before a water change, 0 ammo, 0 nitrate, no ph change according to the stick up thing on the tank, but will read it later, though it has been accurate within .2. 25% water changes today and yesterday, also started tetra life guard yesterday. I was definitely over feeding the first week. Is there anything different I should do or get? I thought it looked like it had white on the edge, but now it looks just very frayed.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

I think I am going to euthanize the fish. It can no longer swim well enough to not get sucked up in the filter.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffinej5
I think I am going to euthanize the fish. It can no longer swim well enough to not get sucked up in the filter.
If he can still swim there is always hope. As long as he has some fins they can grow back. U could get a sponge filter
Old 08-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

0 ammo, nitrite and nitrate, ph is at 7.0. I did euthanize the fish as it was not able to swim away from the filter intake, and couldn't stay upright when I put it in the little breeder hang on. I figured it was better I do it than the fish die after a long fight with the filter intake.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awwww sorry

Tags
fin, fin rot, rot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com