Fin Rot- Medication Hardly Worked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayjangle

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'll bet you guys are tired of my posts about my Black Moor. You see, he's adorable and I would like to keep him around :[

Anyway, about a week ago I began treatment on my Moor for the fin rot that occured after he was bullied and shared a tank with my bigger fancy. I bought the Metafix Fin Rot solution and have been adding it about every other day with water changes, following the specific measurements and directions.

It has hardly made a difference besides restoring some lost color and partially healing two of his tail tips. I've heard a lot of you say that this medication is not the best option for fancies and moors, so I'm buying it now. But, what else do I try?

Has the rotting stopped? And you have seen new growth? His fins won't grow back over night. It takes time. Weeks or months depending how bad the damage was. IMO you should stop the melafix. It's not a miracle cure like some are led to believe. Clean water, good food and maybe some salt is all you need.

Back
Top Bottom