Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Fin Rot on Zebra Danio?

Hello everyone,
I need an advice. So, I started a new tank one month ago, I put Easylife Easy-start bacteria and started cycling it. About a week ago I added two Zebra Danio fish to speed up a cycling process and now I have a problem. Both fish seem fine but I see something on one fish fins, it can be Fin Rot but I'm not sure. That fish eats one day, one day doesn't and it looks like it can't swim well. Also I saw that the healthy one is always chasing the sick one and bites its tail. Because of the cycling the water parameters are changing, temperature is 24 degrees Celsius. I don't want to put medicaments in tank so I'm thinking about potassium permanganate or salt treatment for that fish. I would like to hear your opinions. I'm sorry for my bad english.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Hi, do you have water test readings?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you for answering. Yes, and it showed that the tank isn't cycled yet. PH was about 7,3. Unfortunately the fish died yesterday after I moved it to another tank. That fish was like that since I bought them so I think that maybe it got some bacteria in the shop. The other fish is okay. Hope it will survive the cycling process.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Petra
Zebras are one of the traditional "Fish In" cycling species, and chances are good that your remaining fish will survive. Chasing and nipping each other is normal behavior for Zebra fish, so when things level out, and if you still want Zebras, be sure to keep a school of at least 5, as to avoid torn fins. Good luck cycling the tank.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V227 View Post
Petra
Zebras are one of the traditional "Fish In" cycling species, and chances are good that your remaining fish will survive. Chasing and nipping each other is normal behavior for Zebra fish, so when things level out, and if you still want Zebras, be sure to keep a school of at least 5, as to avoid torn fins. Good luck cycling the tank.
I will buy more Zebras when my tank is totally cycled. Thank you

Tags
danio, fin, fin rot, rot, zebra, zebra danio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com