Fire Eel problem...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just noticed that one of my fire eels has a small gash in his back. Not sure if it was done by another fish, or just one of the sharp quartz rocks in the tank. Just wondering, should I use Pimafix and Melafix in the tank?

If I remember correctly, he is large right? Too hard to QT, so I would use the pima/melafix. Unfortunately that is going to have to be quite a dose. If you haven't done your pwc for a few days, I'd do it first then add the meds.

I couldn't remember if he was 10 or 12". Not that it matters 2", he is still too big for your QT! I'm sure he will be fine. He didn't get to be that size without you having taken good care of him. :) I would be he got it from the rocks and not another fish. What other fish would try and take a swipe at him? 8O

hehehe, 2 almost 5 inch rainbow sharks? lol 8O

If putting it in government terms, it's like this:

The rainbow sharks are President and Vice President.
The Tiger Barbs are Congress.
The loaches are the Secret Service.
The fire eels are the media. lol.

The Fire Eel seems to be healing up nicely. He comes out every night just to say, feed me, feed me, lol, and dances all over the tank. hehehe. Boy are the eels a character. I love them to death.

The eel is healing up nicely. And still has a very healthy appatite. But one bad thing, he keeps trying to go up the feeding tube when I put it in to dump the bloodworms down. He knows that's where the food comes from, and I guess he just wants to be the first fed, lol. But here's his dilema, when he goes up and finds out he's caught, he tries to turn around and gets stuck, lol. Stupid, stupid, stupid, LOL. But as he struggles, I just raise the tube and he slips out. :)

Back
Top Bottom