Fish are dying off one by one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipsqueakkk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I lost 2 rasboras and now a cory cat is about dead. This all happened within 8 hours. The temperature is fine and I placed a bubbler In and it seemed to perk the other fish up.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What is the tank size, stock and water parameters? Any recent additions that could have introduced ich or other parasites? Any aggression?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a 20 gallon with 6 ( now 4) rasboras 6 neons and two cory cats. All the fish have been together a few months so no new additions. I have a betta with them but he is never aggressive he always respects their space

I don't know what to do considering I have a 29 gallon upgrade ready for them but I don't want to but sick fish in a new tank

I don't know what to do considering I have a 29 gallon upgrade ready for them but I don't want to but sick fish in a new tank

Yeah I understand that logic. What is your water change schedule and is it regularly followed? Do you have a test kit so we could rule out ammonia/nitrites/trates or pH issues?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do a 25% water change every week and a almost all water change every month. I suction out the poop as needed. Unfortunately I ran out of test strips a week ago but it was fine back then. Only thing I can think off is I started to get algae on the side of the glass

Did you at least do an immediate water change after the fish started dying? If the air stone seemed to help, might have been oxygen issue. Before you put the air stone in, was the water surface being agitated?

I think I made a mistake i filled the tank higher so the filter wouldn't move the water too much because my betta didn't like the current :( ugh I feel stupid

Back
Top Bottom