Fish Dying Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigge_al

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday I found my Silver molly dead, today I found my Betta beat up to the point he died a few hours later, and one of my neon tetras dead with no tail. I have watched my tank and the only fish I see being aggressive is a male dalmatian molly. I also have seen my male black molly and another male dalmatian molly hiding and my black look like he was dying but i took him out and he recovered.
My tank is:
ph 7.4
Ammo-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-20

I added 5 tablespoons of salt today. My temp was at 73 so I increased it to 76 thinking the fish may be to cold I thought my tank was at 75. Fish became more active with increase of temp except for the new dalmatian molly

Stock in a 44g
4 neon tetras
3 platies
4 mollies (2 added yesterday)
5 glofish
1 zebra danio
3 black skirt tetras
1 albino brisenose (added yesterday)
1 swordtail (added yesterday)

Ooo :(

It looks like your fish are being beat up?
I guess you need to watch out for who is the aggressor! You don't notice any aggression so far?

And your schooling fish would probably appreciate larger schools, particularly the zebra danio. That would be my next stocking priority ;)

gabysapha said:
Ooo :(

It looks like your fish are being beat up?
I guess you need to watch out for who is the aggressor! You don't notice any aggression so far?

And your schooling fish would probably appreciate larger schools, particularly the zebra danio. That would be my next stocking priority ;)

+1
The zebra danio will school with the glofish so he's fine.
The neons and the black skirts need larger schools of 6 or more.
Keep an eye on the male Molly for aggression and what the black skirts for nipping. They are very prone to nipping other fish if their school is too small.
Are there any other signs of distress or disease? Bloating? White stringy poo? Gasping?

I did have 6 neon tetras but lost 3 and the black skirts are happy so I will leave them. I exchanged 2 mollies today one had a red sore on his nose/mouth he was a dalmatian and the other one was black he keep doing back stocks then recovering.
I have been watching the tank and figured out that the other Sailfin dalmatian molly was chasing and hitting the other mollies and the other fish so I chased him around the tank with the net until I caught him and put him in an empty Betta container he was not happy and looked to be in distress so after 10 min I put him back in the tank and he has stopped being aggressive he still puts his fin up when the other mollies come near him but he is not chasing or hitting.

I started another tank yesterday to hold two bettas I put a divider in a 5 gallon with a filter. One is red (Elmo) and the other is blue( cookie monster). My son had chosen the betta that I lost so I decided if I was going to do a Betta tank I wanted it to be large enough to hold two since I feel one fish in a tank is crazy. Each fish has his own space and own plant.

Back
Top Bottom