fish emergency please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
our 40g has all the sudden taken a turn for the worse. some of the fish had ich so we put rid-ich in the tank. this afternoon we found our clams dead and a couple fish. we took them out and did 10g water change. then later on we found more fish had died and took them out also. we did another 6g water change. we know amonia is high so we put some ace in the tank, but are we over reacting. what should we do?? we have already lost about $50 worth of fish. we also lost my favorite one please help us!

what are you water peramithers zillia.. sorry to hear about this.. it sounds horrible!
you guys rock by the way!!!
give us the rundown on your ammonia, nitirte, and nitrate numbers..
what temperature are you running the tank at..
and are you using salt?
I would really like to help! :mrgreen:

our 40g has all the sudden taken a turn for the worse. some of the fish had ich so we put rid-ich in the tank. this afternoon we found our clams dead and a couple fish

Just a hunch, but it seems possible that maybe you are having a case of ammonia posioning. The medication in the rid ich (malachite green) is a toxic poison, even more so to invertebrates. Most fish can tolerate it, however they are some fish (scaleless for example) that can't. Possibly, the rid-ich killed your clams, and the ammonia from their death leaked out into the tank for hours, and poisoned your fish.

Again, just a hunch of mine. I could be wrong. I would keep up on the daily pwc's and keep us updated on your ammonia, trite, and trate readings.

Sorry to hear about your fish. Good luck. 8)

all of my tetra are dead, and all but 2 panda cory cats. bolvian rams, marbled hatchetfish, and oto are looking like they are doing fine.

water looks like it is clearing up alittle. going to do a 6G water change tomorrow

I think Devilishturtles hit it right on the nose.
Sorry about your losses - it sucks when a tank crashes. Do frequent big water changes and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom