Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Fish Fighting in the Tank?

I have ha my black moor goldfish for a few months now, and just a few days ago I added a bristlenose pleco, as the algae was building up and starting to annoy me, no matter how many water changes I made. The bristlenose is fast and moves around the sides of the tank extremely quickly, or at least faster then what I thought a pleco would be like. Anyway, the two seemed to get along, other than the water becoming filthy from all the waste the pleco was making, but when I got home, my moor's top fin was torn in multiple places and her tail had fraying on it too. I have been keeping a close eye on them all day and nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I am scared that the pleco, if aggressive, could kill my moor, which is my prized fish, and i love her dearly. The pleco a little bigger than my moor so it frightens me to keep them together, but the only other option is to put my moor into a bowl temporarily. I am working on getting products to heal the fin, but dont want the problem to persist. Any idea what I should do from here? Could the pleco really be aggressive, or did my moor do that to herself against a rock? Thank you

Old 05-18-2017, 04:11 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rehome the Pleco. They aren't suitable with Fancies. Not the first time I've heard of a GF getting injured.

Algae ? Reduce lighting to 6hours daily.
Do 50% or larger PWCs weekly.
Test the water. Test again after 24 hours.
Don't overfeed.

BN Plecos need 30g or larger because they are such big poopers. They are tropical and not suited to a GF tank as you now see.
Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fight, fighting, fish, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com