Fish gasping for air?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
actually i meant my last post to be a bit more sarcastic, like who regards turtles more than fish, thats impossible, and i also posted that at like 1am, and i was tired...you know how things always sound funnier, or a good idea when your tired?

rereading it, i am like... "what was i on?"

so i apologize, i didnt mean to come off that hard

Apology accepted. It happens.

The fish are doing alot better today. I have not added the the bubbler yet (being 8 1/2 months pregnant and trying to dig through old supplies is not easy in this heat). But I will do that and I think that will help ALOT!

Thanks again,

Christina

I'll bring this up as a possibility because no one else has.

NH3 --> NO2 --> NO3

The one thing that keeps getting added to this is more oxygen. So even if you have no NH3, no NO2, and have removed all the NO3, you've also removed a good amount of O. So with messy (lots of poo being produced) but well filtered system, I can see the possibility of your bacteria and fish sucking up more O than is being put back into it.

Most freshwater tanks hold 7-8 ppm O2. Some fish species show O2 deprivation at 5 ppm. So it really doesn't take that much of a drop.

Back
Top Bottom