Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have read that copper is really bad for the loaches. So far I have done a partial water replacement and vacuumed the gravel. I tested the water, it said that my nitrate level was high and the ph was a little high, but not majorly. I put some ph down drops in and will test for the ph again tomorrow, I'm on my way to get "nitra-zorb" for the nitrate.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Update: I have taken the tetras out as they seem to have fin rot which I have encountered before, so I got them a cure-all and separated them because the cure-all is not safe for scaleless fish. I added VERY little salt (literally like a pinch) and raised the temp to 79 (gradually) and will probably continue raising it tomorrow to 82. I replaced the water with distilled water instead of tap water, added water conditioner and put in "prime" to take the nitrate out. I will be covering them with the blanket as well.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:20 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't touch the ph, swings in ph are worse than having it a little high or low, and you can't afford to stress the fish at all right now. Also, what kind of salt did you add?
Old 09-16-2017, 08:59 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Okay. Freshwater salt.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:04 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Further update: one of the tetras has died(but let's be honest they're just tetras.) the loaches are still being quite listless, just laying at the bottom of tank, and they seem to be breathing heavily. The dots are slowly disappearing and they are "shedding" (which they do when they are stressed, I read.) I've kept it covered.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:16 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I read up on oodinium. It says that in this stage, he is almost definitely going to die. I'm hoping and praying that doesn't happen as I've grown quite attached to this fish.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:53 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Not sure if it is the O disease but if it is Ich you might get some help in reading this article.

Freshwater Ich? Yuck! - Aquarium Advice

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:04 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Newbie

So, as of 4:00 am, it has taken one of the loaches. All other tank mates are completely unaffected, but the other loach is still stiff and doesn't want to move unless prodded, and it takes a lot of prodding, I had to move him all the way up to the top to get him to swim on his own, and he continued to go stiff and float back to the bottom and turn upside down. He is still breathing heavily however the spots seem to be going away gradually, there are very few left. I'm still hoping and praying that he doesn't die. It took one of the tetras last night but I'm not too worried about them, they have no personality.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com