Fish keep dieing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varknight

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20g tank with 2 tetras, molly, Dano 3cats and what was two betas. For some reason everytime i add water or do a water change one of my fish die. I tested the water and everything tests ok any idea what would cause this.

+1
Are you using a water conditioner dosed to the size of your tank (not amount your changing)? What are you using to test your water (liquid or strips)? Is the tank cycled? Some more info will help us to help you better!

+1
Are you using a water conditioner dosed to the size of your tank (not amount your changing)? What are you using to test your water (liquid or strips)? Is the tank cycled? Some more info will help us to help you better!
using the liquid kind

I just tested water again ph 7.4, Amonia 0, Nitrite 0, and nitrate 5 ppm

How long have you had the fish? Could it have been the natural end of its life? Are your other fish feeding ok and seeming healthy? Sorry for all the questions, but we don't have much to go on.

How long have you had the fish? Could it have been the natural end of its life? Are your other fish feeding ok and seeming healthy? Sorry for all the questions, but we don't have much to go on.
about a month others seem ok usually they die right after i add water or do a water change

It may worth getting your water checked out. If you contact your water authority, they will come out & test the water for free. Explain what is happening & ask them to check for anything amiss. You may also want to consider switching to different water conditioner such as Prime-what you are using may not be detoxing the chlorine/chloramine levels your water has in it & it may be killing your fish.

How long has the tank been established? What are the parameters of the tank?

Nitrates
Nitrites
pH
Ammonia

How often are you doing tank maintenance? What does your tank maintenance consist of? When you do a water change, how much are you changing? Are you matching the temperature of the water you are adding to the tank? 80F is on the high end of what is most likely required, and is definitely much warmer than your cold tap water... so that could be an issue worth exploring...

Back
Top Bottom