Fish not eating.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ComicNinja

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
To clarify the title I am referring to a single fish in my tank that is not getting nearly as much food as the others. They're all the same species however this one in particular is the smallest. Up until now it hasn't been as much of a concern because he has still been getting a bit of food, however today I noticed he seemed inactive and resting on the bottom until I hand fed him a little bit of flake.

There's no visible signs of disease and water parameters are fine but soft. All the other fish are perfectly fine and healthy.

How can I make sure this fish gets good at feeding time? I'm worried about the little guy.

Com...

Have you tried frozen food? Sally's San Fran is a good product. Just cut up a cube of the frozen food and drop the pieces into the tank. The food sinks as it thaws, so all the fish get a little. Sally's has a multipack that contains a good variety. I feed it a couple of times a week just for a change from the other foods.

Old

Their staple is flakes but I also do freeze dried blood worms for variety. They're endlers though so I don't know how well they'd take anything sinking.

I feed Formula Two and Emerald Entree, in addition to brine shrimp (all frozen) on different days, as well as various flakes and pellets. They like a variety and it will sometimes perk up their appetites.

Back
Top Bottom