Fish on bottom of tank, day 3. He still swims and eatea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deemoney

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I need some help. I have a white tetra, also two black tetras in a sixty five gallon tank. Tank had been set up for years, I have had the white one fir about four years and the other two about two years. They are the only fish in the tank. The white one started laying on bottom bottom about three days ago. He will still swim around and eats. After a short while, he drifts back to his little corner, alternating between laying on his stomach and side. He's not breathing funny, just looks like he's resting. The first day I went ahead and did a fifty percent water change, vacuumed the gravel. Next day I did a test on water. The PH is perfect, no ammonia, no nitrates. I'm baffled. I cannot find any answers. He doesn't have Any injuries or physical issues. I've had him a while and if there is anything I can do, I'll do it. The test I use is a Doc Wellfish, using the test tubes and drops. I've tested it about six times on Last three days. Just tested again, all is perfect.

old age vs. sickness/disease

Hi! I need some help. I have a white tetra, also two black tetras in a sixty five gallon tank. Tank had been set up for years, I have had the white one fir about four years and the other two about two years. They are the only fish in the tank. The white one started laying on bottom bottom about three days ago. He will still swim around and eats. After a short while, he drifts back to his little corner, alternating between laying on his stomach and side. He's not breathing funny, just looks like he's resting. The first day I went ahead and did a fifty percent water change, vacuumed the gravel. Next day I did a test on water. The PH is perfect, no ammonia, no nitrates. I'm baffled. I cannot find any answers. He doesn't have Any injuries or physical issues. I've had him a while and if there is anything I can do, I'll do it. The test I use is a Doc Wellfish, using the test tubes and drops. I've tested it about six times on Last three days. Just tested again, all is perfect.

I've tested and re tested. Took water to an exotic animal/fish store, he tested, it's perfect. Diagnosis: he's old. He's eating, resting, interacts with other fish them rests some more. It's sad but I've been assured he's in no pain or suffering. Just had long life and it's unfortunately winding down. Will miss him terribly. This may help others- sometimes fish just go. Take the best care, give them your all and they'll live long happy lives. Thank you anyone who reads this!

Hey, it's been awhile, a week and then some, he was back to normal, swimming with other two fish. Just this morning I see he's back on his stomach and aside resting then swimming for short periods. He seems to have a slight bend in his body too. One of the others looks to be messing with him but there are places for him to hide and he's done that so he knows they're there. Any ideas out there? I know he's old, just want to do whatever I can. Sometime asked what I'd do for a$5 fish? Well they don't know their life isvalued monetarily.... How much is your life worth is what I asked them. Thank you for any ideas/help. You all are wonderful and so informative.

Maybe a high food or new food to be sure it is fresh?

Edit - high end food with vitamins, etc if possible I meant. Too late here ....

Back
Top Bottom