Fish out of water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today after work I'm looking at my 46g taking head count which is easy because there's only 5 fish & I'm not seeing one of my CAE's. Not a big deal, they tend to hide but after a few hours he still hasn't made an appearance. I decide to check my decorations for a dead fish. I remove the items that a fish could hide in & still no CAE. As I take them out I look inside each one then set it on the table, I look through the entire aquarium for any sign of him dead or alive. Turn off the filter & check inside it still nothing. I go back to the deco's shake them & finally see something, he falls out onto the table & I see his gills are still moving, I put him back in the aquarium & he swims off. Do you think he'll make it? How long can a fish be out out of water? It was a good 5 minutes before I found him & got him back in the tank.

My featherfin catfish did this to me once. I pulled the decos, searched the tank, no catfish. My decos were out of the water AT LEAST 20 minutes, maybe more. So I go to put them back after no sign of him, one hits the water and out he swims! Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom