Fish rabies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfrye

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I got these cobra guppies and they were great for a short bit. Then they started dying, one every couple days. Checked levels and they were fine. Well, four of them have passed on and one yellow monster remains. It seems he may have killed the rest of them because he shows no signs of illness or injury. I moved him to a different tank with fish bigger than he and instantly he started nipping at the bigger fish too. I have him in fishie isolation for now. Not sure what to do with him now. I bought some lady friends, hoping that would calm him down, but it was war as soon as they were in the tank. Any thoughts? Are cobra guppies just a different name for fancy guppies? I know stores are notorious fir making up their own names. Thanks.

Cobra is just a color pattern. Sounds like yours has a terrible attitude. You can try a "time out" lol for lack of a better term if you have a breeding box or net you can put him in for a few days to see if it helps

That's what I'm trying for now. Hope it works. He is a cool looking fish, just wish he'd get along and play nice.

Back
Top Bottom