Fish scared of me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a fish in cycle you should be doing 50% water changes daily. Bacteria responsible for the nitrogen cycle in our tanks live on surfaces not in the water column, so changing the water will not effect them. Fish will always be creating ammonia, driving the bacteria populations up.

For a fish in cycle you should be doing 50% water changes daily. Bacteria responsible for the nitrogen cycle in our tanks live on surfaces not in the water column, so changing the water will not effect them. Fish will always be creating ammonia, driving the bacteria populations up.
Thanks ill change it more often I have another question 4 u are the fish I have tough or am I getting lucky right now

I have 3 angels 2 black and one marble which is slightly bigger than the black ones and 3 albino corydoras all young when I went to the store they didn't give me a card or anything they just said the water was good and told me about how they treat their water since we r in the same county they also showed me how they checked it and what they showed me looked pretty good
OK, are you feeding them flakes or pellets? I'm guessing pellets. Soak them in a little cup to soften them up. When you go to feed them, just give them half size by ripping them with your fingers. If they don't eat that. Soak them in garlic juice. And to everyone else! I understand your concern for the fish. But, understand too, everyone's gotta start somewhere. And experience hands on is the best way you learn. so, please, eat a kit Kat bar. This site is for everyone!!! The name says it all"aquarium ADVICE" Now Back to Connor: [emoji6] just don't over feed them and test your water, do your water changes, and you'll be fine.

OK, are you feeding them flakes or pellets? I'm guessing pellets. Soak them in a little cup to soften them up. When you go to feed them, just give them half size by ripping them with your fingers. If they don't eat that. Soak them in garlic juice. And to everyone else! I understand your concern for the fish. But, understand too, everyone's gotta start somewhere. And experience hands on is the best way you learn. so, please, eat a kit Kat bar. This site is for everyone!!! The name says it all"aquarium ADVICE" Now Back to Connor: [emoji6] just don't over feed them and test your water, do your water changes, and you'll be fine.
I feed them flakes

I feed them flakes
They like dried blood worms too. I'd try them and pellets. Sometimes you need to try different food. They way some are raised, sometimes are feed different. Alot of people go with pellets cause they're less messy.

Just tested my water with the test strips these are the results

Nitrate 0 to 10
Nitrite 0
Total hardness around 250
Total chlorine 0
Total alkalinity 100
Ph the 6 in one test said it was around 8 but ph spacificly strip said 7.4

I don't know if these are good or bad for Angel fish and corydoras ps the wwater is a little merky I don't know if it's one of those stats or something else. Thanks

Just tested my water with the test strips these are the results

Nitrate 0 to 10
Nitrite 0
Total hardness around 250
Total chlorine 0
Total alkalinity 100
Ph the 6 in one test said it was around 8 but ph spacificly strip said 7.4

I don't know if these are good or bad for Angel fish and corydoras ps the wwater is a little merky I don't know if it's one of those stats or something else. Thanks

We need to know ammonia reading along with the others. Still looks like an uncycled tank to me.

Regardless, the murky water is likely a result of the bacteria supplement product you are using.

We need to know ammonia reading along with the others. Still looks like an uncycled tank to me.

Regardless, the murky water is likely a result of the bacteria supplement product you are using.
Should I stop using it or keep using it

this been a very nervous thread so far to read. i'm noticing quite a pattern here , Connor you are asking for help, others ask for additional information to better help and you completely disregard. you've been advised to not add fish and you did anyways.

in order to better help you it would be awesome to know how are you testing your water. hardness and alkalinity is of no concern, I'd even say irrelevant at this point. since you bringing these parameters up I suspect you using some sort of test strips. these are pretty much useless, you need to purchace API freshwater master test kit (only 22$ on amazon, IIRC under 30$ on your local store). it will go long way in this hobby, especially at this stage

of course this is your aquarium and you are free to do whatever you like, but I'm not sure how you can expect success if you don't pay attention to good advice and members that are trying to help.
now , if you interested in advice here is what I would do - since the fish is already in and your primary goal is to keep them alive (I hope) daily water change of at least full bucket, 2 buckets will be better for at least a week. then depending on your measurements you can think about resuming normal schedule.

To add:
My 3YO angelfish not only not scared but even lets me touch itself, picking at my fingers. he is right in front of the glass expecting food anytime anyone passes nearby.
you can also try frozen food (brineshrimp, bloodworm) to offer yours something better then flakes. not the entire tablet thogh.

I was looking at my new Angel and I realized that it was 1-2 years old the other angels are a lot younger less than a year old (sorry I can't give you a specific age) but the older one is chasing them around and not really letting them eat or do much of anything at times. Is this ok for the younger fish? also I've heard about how they are semi aggresive and like to establish dominance, and it's not nipping at them as far as I know. so is this ok or should I do something about this? Thanks
(Ps I'm no expert but I think i don't need to give you water parameters for this one)

I was looking at my new Angel and I realized that it was 1-2 years old the other angels are a lot younger less than a year old (sorry I can't give you a specific age) but the older one is chasing them around and not really letting them eat or do much of anything at times. Is this ok for the younger fish? also I've heard about how they are semi aggresive and like to establish dominance, and it's not nipping at them as far as I know. so is this ok or should I do something about this? Thanks
(Ps I'm no expert but I think i don't need to give you water parameters for this one)
It has nothing to do with the water perimeters. Your older one will probably always be like that. You need more taller cover. Move things around might help. But he's already say'n it's his tank. Watch the fins on the little guys. He can kill them if he starts nipping alot.

It has nothing to do with the water perimeters. Your older one will probably always be like that. You need more taller cover. Move things around might help. But he's already say'n it's his tank. Watch the fins on the little guys. He can kill them if he starts nipping alot.
Thank you for the reassurance I recently got a tall plant that goes from the bottom to the top of the tank they usually take cover there I was just wondering if it was ok

Thank you for the reassurance I recently got a tall plant that goes from the bottom to the top of the tank they usually take cover there I was just wondering if it was ok
It is for now. Cause they are faster then the bigger one, and they are kinda in a group. Just keep an eye on all the fins on the little guys. When/if the nipping starts, you might have to separate them. I'd just try to get more cover. It don't matter what, as long as they have their own areas. You can try to move things around next time you do a water change. Might help. Just remember this is classified as a hobby. And hobby's are something you get good at. We all get that sooner or later. Best wishes to you and your fish!

Does this look good enough? also I don't know if you can tell through the picture but the water is greenish and a little bit merky I've tested all the water parameters and they are all good (except for ammonia I can't test that with the kit I got) and I did multiple water changes recently it could be just alge but the ocd is kicking in and I want that water crystal clear thanks1515901672415.jpg1515901926084.jpg

Does this look good enough? also I don't know if you can tell through the picture but the water is greenish and a little bit merky I've tested all the water parameters and they are all good (except for ammonia I can't test that with the kit I got) and I did multiple water changes recently it could be just alge but the ocd is kicking in and I want that water crystal clear thanksView attachment 306248View attachment 306249
How big of water changes are you doing? A 50% water change would help. And your gonna need to vacuum the gravel. (I do mine once a wk.)Check your filter when your water start looking bad too. You might have the light on to much too. Look at the inside glass, could be getting build up on the glass, wash it. wipe that down with a sponge or something for tanks. Glass cleaning brush. Angels need a pretty clean tank to do good. And as far as the plant, you are gonna need alot more. Put a few in the middle, and the other side. It's too opened for them. If you get alot more plants, it will cut down on the chasing alot. Put some in here and there. Maybe add some rocks. Stack them up make a few caves big enough for them to feel safe. To much chasing on the little guys will bring on stress and you'll be in a ball game you won't wanta be in. Just do your best to create a world they wanta live in. To better understand angels look up their natural habitat, and look around them see how they live, what they like.

How big of water changes are you doing? A 50% water change would help. And your gonna need to vacuum the gravel. (I do mine once a wk.)Check your filter when your water start looking bad too. You might have the light on to much too. Look at the inside glass, could be getting build up on the glass, wash it. wipe that down with a sponge or something for tanks. Glass cleaning brush. Angels need a pretty clean tank to do good. And as far as the plant, you are gonna need alot more. Put a few in the middle, and the other side. It's too opened for them. If you get alot more plants, it will cut down on the chasing alot. Put some in here and there. Maybe add some rocks. Stack them up make a few caves big enough for them to feel safe. To much chasing on the little guys will bring on stress and you'll be in a ball game you won't wanta be in. Just do your best to create a world they wanta live in. To better understand angels look up their natural habitat, and look around them see how they live, what they like.
I'm thinking the green is probably just on the glass. But if it's on the decorations, your gonna want to pull them out and scrub them up with the water change water from the tank in a bucket. Just water and a brush. Make sure the brush you us is not an old one you used with any toxic stuff.

I'm thinking the green is probably just on the glass. But if it's on the decorations, your gonna want to pull them out and scrub them up with the water change water from the tank in a bucket. Just water and a brush. Make sure the brush you us is not an old one you used with any toxic stuff.
Ok so I'll put some more plants. I've been doing 1/3rd to 1/2 every water change which I do every other day. I thought that it was good if the decorations had a coating of slime on them cause they do and I was looking to get a gravel vacuum too. I have been rubbing the sides with a sponge to clean the glass also. And one more thing should I leave the fish in during these water changes and tank cleanings or should I take them out during them (I don't have another tank so If i have to take them out I would put them either in a bucket or a pot)

Back
Top Bottom