Fish scared of me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connor31556

Aquarium Advice Freak
Angel fish not eating

Hi I'm new to aquariums and I just got a 20 gallon tall tank and i added all the chemicals and 2 baby Angel fish from the store 3 days ago along with 2 neon glo fish the neon fish died on the first night and when I brought them in the following day along with a water sample they said the water was fine (using the test with the test tubes) and the fish werent killed by the anglefish now my Angel fish are still alive but won't eat at all I changed the filter and ammonia cartridge along with 1/3 of the tanks water but the fish still won't eat and the water is still a little merky help

Conner
It sounds like your tank is not cycled, causing stress and death to your fish. Be sure to research how to do a "fish in" cycle of an aquarium. Once you get past the cycling process things will level out.

Hi the other day i got 2 black anglefish both baby's and today I realized the fish swim away when they see me putting food in and won't eat any of the food help

Feed them, then immediately take lots of steps back and observe. Don’t let them see you. They’ll eat. Eventually they will equate you with food. If they sniff around the food or swallow and spit it back out, then try a different food. They’re new, they will come around. Try to mix up the different type of food they like. You wouldn’t want to eat your mom’s tuna casserole Monday-Sunday would you?
I’m assuming you are well versed with water parameters and a cycled tank that is new.if not water change, treat the new water, and get that dangerous ammonia down.

Angle fish don't recognize food

Hi I got some young anglefish in my 20 gallon tall tank and they have been there for 3 days and I have notice they are looking for bubbles as food but when I put in real flake food they won't eat it can someone tell me how to fix this without getting a different kind of food thanks

Hi I got some young anglefish in my 20 gallon tall tank and they have been there for 3 days and I have notice they are looking for bubbles as food but when I put in real flake food they won't eat it can someone tell me how to fix this without getting a different kind of food thanks

Your fish are new, also you never stated your water parameters in this thread or your other thread.

Perhaps stick to a single thread for the same topic. Provide more info on a single thread rather than set up 2 threads and not provided enough information.

Edit: I just noticed you have 3 threads set up on the same topic. All three threads have asked for the same info/given the same advice. Time to move forward using what has been recommended, and provide some more info to help narrow down what your issue is.

Sounds like your tank is not cycled, stressing your fish thus they are not eating.

Try feeding with lights out for a few days. They live blood worms. Then after a few days turn lights on and feed. Lights on little by little each day.

do you feed anything other than flakes , you could try some brine shrimp or tubiflex worms pellets ect , but if all else fails soak food in garlic extract

Angel's are pretty smart (for a fish) so what I started doing was feeding them as soon as the lights come on in no time at all they realized the pattern and as soon as the light would come on they were at the top. Once they got that down I actually got them to eat out of my hand (frozen brine shrimp). A little time and a little patience is all it takes

I got the fish comfortable with me now and I tried turning off the lights and feeding them they just sniffed it out and decided to go for the bubles floating on the top instead

Is this tank looking healthy

Looks are very deceiving.

To know for sure generally you will be asked for:
ammonia (should be 0)
nitrite (should be 0)
nitrate (should be "low" as in 5-20ppm in fish only tanks)
pH (6.5-8.0 is usually "ok")

if these are your parameters the tank is likely cycled and "healthy"

Watch your fishes eyes. That's alot of air for only a few fish in a 20 gallon. Other than that, looks good! One thing with angels, as they grow, they will need more tall cover.

Your tank is not cycled. They will die eventually. As members advise search for tank cycling with fish.

New fish also take time to adjust. If they take food in mouth but spil it means they are new.

I didn't know about tank cycling and a lot of my fish died.

Guys I got the products to add to the water to do the fish in cycle I got the water purifier and the bacteria maker and I've been using it since I got the tank I thought it was a thing that everybody did just found out it wasn't the water is clearer and the angels are moving around a lot more I'm hoping to get more fish this weekend if we don't get a blizzard in N.Y. so the angels don't get to territorial and not let the new fish do anything the new fish I'm thinking about is a catfish and 2 other same species fish what fish should I get thanks in advance

Neon tetras are really cool color. I just got some of them. And Otto's catfish are always cleaning, fun to watch. The pearl white sailfin Molly's are gorgeous and brighten any tank up. Marble angels with the orange koi color are an eye catcher too. Just a thought. And what I have. Plus some others.

Guys I got the products to add to the water to do the fish in cycle I got the water purifier and the bacteria maker and I've been using it since I got the tank I thought it was a thing that everybody did just found out it wasn't the water is clearer and the angels are moving around a lot more I'm hoping to get more fish this weekend if we don't get a blizzard in N.Y. so the angels don't get to territorial and not let the new fish do anything the new fish I'm thinking about is a catfish and 2 other same species fish what fish should I get thanks in advance

Please don't add any fish until the tank is fully cycled.

Back
Top Bottom