Fish still flashing two weeks after white spot HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mileymoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm a complete beginner, I have a 94l/20.68gal Askoll pure aquarium XL
I was given the tank by a friend who is poorly and in able to look after them the tank was in bad shape (filthy) and by mistake and not knowing I washed everything under the tap (filters, sponges ect) I put everything back used tap safe and 4 weeks later I had white spot. I treated the fish with white spot & fungus by water life turned temp up to 28c and put aquarium salt in that was 3 weeks ago, my fish 6 bleeding hearts, 6 zebra tale red faces tetra, 3 female guppies who are pregnant 1 male guppy, 2 sword tales 2 loaches and one pearl gorrami there all flashing except the gorrami sword tales and loaches, I've treated again with salt temp 30c and first 8mls of whitespot today I've got really attached to these fish please please help:thanks:

I am currently going throught hte same thing......Best advice I can give is add salt per directions of container but put it in a cup of tank water and slowly add it in, heat tank to 86F/30C, 25/50% gravel clean PWC daily, extra airstone since temp is high, and give it some time due to the 3 stages Ich goes through.......I am on day 4 with this remedy and the flashing stopped on day 2....also after plenty research and comments of this product called Kordon's Rid Ich Plus, I chose to try it out...so today I added it to the regimen.

Thanks I'm doing the same as you so I will let you know how I get on, so I'm still ok to do water changes while the salt and white spot remedy is in the tank, I lost 3 neon tetras but I think they had tetra disease they had fin rot and curving of the spine, so I took them out and separated them and they died anyway, I've lowered my water level so there's lots of splashing from pump sty system to make more oxygen and I've got a large air stone and more live plants than the ocean lol

You might want to read up on ich. This is a very, very good article, explains it far better than I can. Let me go find the link for you. Know the enemy, it makes fighting back much easier.

Here it is.. http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/ich.php

There is a resistant strain of ich, but I don't think that's very likely as you did not add new fish, right ? Only new water ? Perhaps you didn't notice it right away, but it must have been there. At lower temps their life cycle is much longer, so they might not have shown up right away.

They don't just sit there waiting, they must have live hosts or they die. So if you did not add new fish, the ich had to have been in the tank when you got it.

How long has your tank been up and how much water are you changing? Have you checked your parameters? Fish will flick and twitch if ammonia or nitrite is high.

My ammonia was slightly high Sunday ice checked today at fish shop and everything is perfect fish have stopped flashing and I think ( hopefully )I'm on top of the ich problem thanks everyone

My ammonia was slightly high Sunday ice checked today at fish shop and everything is perfect fish have stopped flashing and I think ( hopefully )I'm on top of the ich problem thanks everyone

Get your own tester, some lfs arnt exactly trustworthy if theyre try to sell you fish. Up your water change routine and you should be golden.

Is there a particular testing kit I should buy and the fish shop are great near me he would sell me a male guppy becausemy ammonia was high, they just work there and there both fish enthusiast so I trust them, but I know what you mean

Back
Top Bottom