Fish suddenly dying for no reason? This may be the cause.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say you have as close to no chance of getting sick from playing in your tank water from germs as is reasonably possible to estimate ;) I'll have to find some that go up higher than just wrist high though or it defeats the purpose.

Codefox said:
I would say you have as close to no chance of getting sick from playing in your tank water from germs as is reasonably possible to estimate ;) I'll have to find some that go up higher than just wrist high though or it defeats the purpose.

I know, but my wife's pregnant, so I'm extra cautious because of that, and my cats like to lick my hands sometimes (I think they are grooming me :) ). And I have a slight phobia.. As for the gloves, I had to get the bag near the bottom of the tank and so I stretched the glove on my right hand with my left hand to get it halfway up my forearm :) Kept me dry!

I actually did a science project on Triclosan my senior year of high school and i went to internationals with the project. I tested with culture and sensitivity to bacteria and other antibiotics to see what happend to the bacteria with repeated expsoure to triclosan.. to see if the bacteria would build up a resistance. After 6 months of exposing the bacteria repeatedly the bacteria became more easily killed by the triclosan after each exposure and never built up a resistance. In my conclusion i found that triclosan was safe to use for everyday use and that it causes weakening of bacteria... not resistance. HOWEVER.. if i were able to do the project over YEARS.. instead of months.. who knows i could have different results.

I still think that simple handwashing is the cheapest most effective means of preventing sickness. weather antibacterial products are overused is a hugly debatebale issue.

Back
Top Bottom