Fish swimming at bottom of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoppershaun

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 leopard danios, had them for 10 days now. The past few days I noticed that one of them started swimming at the bottom of the tank most of the time, compared to at the top where they both were before. Now the other is at the bottom too. I've been feeding them a little less, just once a day. They sometimes seem to be looking for food, do you think this is why they are down there. All of my parameters, ammonia etc. are spot on. I thought the first one was staying down there at first because the other one was bullying it, but like I say they are both down there now. Any ideas?

How are your nitrates? Also, have you done a water change lately, added any decor, rearranged anything?

Are they swimming around or just sitting at the bottom?

Need more input...:wink:

Nitrates are 10 ppm. I've been doing daily water changes because I am cycling with the fishes, although I think the cycle must be nearly complete because Ammonia and Nitrites are both 0. They are still swimming around ok, they don't seem lethargic or anything.

hmm. sounds weird, what other fish are in the tank? (if any) I had a long fin zebra danio tha did the same thing. He disappeard though, so i think he died and decomposed quickly. Keep an eye on the params. I am sorry i can't help very much.

No other fish, just those two. Thanks for help anyway. Think they might just be greedy buggers!! Think they might act different when i put other fish in and they don't have the run of the whole tank!

mine go in phases, sometimes congregating at the top, others at the bottom. just keep an eye on them

Back
Top Bottom