Fish swimming in circles with "weighted tail"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, one of the five of my bloodfins started swimming in circles like he could only work one side of fins, and his tail was always "weighted down". I just went down to see if his spine was curved, but he has since stopped doing it? Any idea what the problem is? My water conditions are fine, although I did do a 30% water change this morning. The water wasn't temperature matched but it usually only drops my temp by a degree or two (which is what it did this time) and it's RO/DI water so I know the water is fine. I also trimmed the plants this morning, and vacuumed the gravel. Well actually I vacuumed the BGA up, since I have plants I don't usually vacuum the gravel that much. All of the rest of my fish are fine, and the tank's been set up for about a year now.

Is the RO/DI water mixed with tap? How old is your fish? I say if it is fine keep watching it....seems strange but then they often do mysterious things. Perhaps the water change stirred up some stuff that stressed him....hope he does ok for you now.

Back
Top Bottom