Fish wipe out help needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well all I know is four fish are dead and its disturbing.
I will try aquarium salt and a water change. How long should I treat with salt and should I raise the temp?

JoshCoulson said:
Sorry about that

That's ok.

To the OP, there are loads of ich articles and pictures on the net, and plenty of threads on this site. Standard heat/salt treatment is 2 weeks. Good luck.

Ammonia in the water is a way bigger problem then ick. I wouldn't worry too much about the ick if you have it. Have you noticed more spots? I would do 50% water changes everyday or twice a day until your ammonia is almost zero or at least under .25. The ammonia is your biggest problem right now it will wipe out your tank if you don't get it lowered right away. Have you recently changed filter media or something? Because looks like you biological filter crashed.

Ammonia in the water is a way bigger problem then ick. I wouldn't worry too much about the ick if you have it. Have you noticed more spots? I would do 50% water changes everyday or twice a day until your ammonia is almost zero or at least under .25. The ammonia is your biggest problem right now it will wipe out your tank if you don't get it lowered right away. Have you recently changed filter media or something? Because looks like you biological filter crashed.

I have a bio wheel filter.

Any chance you forgot dechlorinator when you changed the water? How are the fish doing?

Did the ick treatment last night and they looked fine this am but I am headed home now to see.
I went to big Al's (Lfs) and they had a I day ick treatment by tetra that's new and its seems to be helping.amonia is down a bit more but will change more water tonight.
So far no more deaths yet and they look better.

If so, that would be why ammonia spiked, throwing your tank back into a cycle. Glad to hear they seem better. Hope it keeps going well.

Copepods are little critters that live in water they look like bugs, I ask because there are copepods( in the wild at least I'm not sure about tanks) that attach to fishes eyes and would look like the spots your seeing, if they are copepods they do not harm the fish

They look well will do another water change tonight and check ammonia

Well two days later its happening again.

The angles are sluggish and the other eye has a film but the other eyes have healed.
I have a platy that's got white lining around his fins and the have a few spots.
Treating with ich guard and melaflix because I think it's bacteria.
Levels seem fine but will Check again later.

Well two days later its happening again.

The angles are sluggish and the other eye has a film but the other eyes have healed.
I have a platy that's got white lining around his fins and the have a few spots.
Treating with ich guard and melaflix because I think it's bacteria.
Levels seem fine but will Check again later.

Maybe more pictures might help. You say white lining around fins? That might be helpful to have some photos of

I noticed that u said u moved a convict into that tank? Convicts are INCREDIBLY aggressive, I would never put a convict in a community tank!

I noticed that u said u moved a convict into that tank? Convicts are INCREDIBLY aggressive, I would never put a convict in a community tank!

I know I had him in another tank and he was bullied but he is ok so far with the angels

Back
Top Bottom