Fish with fungus??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abcdomo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK I bought a lionhead on 6/12/13 and she was fine the first couple days but then I noticed fuzzy white stuff on her side. I thought it was fungus but wasn't sure so I bought Jungle lifeguard all in one treatment for her. I started it yesterday and today was the second day of treatment..I did notice that it looks worse today and she is bottom sitting much more but is swimming around a bit and eating..two people on yahoo answers insist that its ich..but I was told that it looks like grains of sand..but my question is..is it normal for the fish to act this way on the second day? and should i raise the temp in the tank or no? Also how can I clean the stuff I'm using in or for the tank afterwards to make sure my main tank doesnt get whatever this is..please help ASAP:c

Welcome to AA.

First off we need some more information.
What size tank?
How long has it been running?
Was it cycled?
What's the water change schedule?
What's the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?
Can you post a picture of the fish?

Welcome to AA.

First off we need some more information.
What size tank?
How long has it been running?
Was it cycled?
What's the water change schedule?
What's the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?
Can you post a picture of the fish?
What size tank? 10 gal
How long has it been running?only a few days but I took some of the material out of my already cycled tank
Was it cycled?yes
What's the water change schedule?everyday
What's the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH? ammonia:0ppm nitrite:0ppm nitrate:10ppm and pH is 7.6
Can you post a picture of the fish?I'll try hold on.

Back
Top Bottom